Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dialogues from 'Lovers in Paris' -Korean drama

Best scenes and dialogues from 'Lovers in Paris'. I liked one thing about this drama was that KI-JOO had complete faith in his girl-TAE-YOUNG. No matter how many obstacles and misunderstandings cropped up, he never doubted her. Trust is key and their relationship proved that.

=============================================
SOO-HYUK TO TAE-YOUNG --- I found this dialogue very sad and touching especially since he places her hand on his heart at the middle of this scene...

"Don't you see me? Don't you? Did you think about how I would feel? The girl I love cries before me. And I can't do anything for her. How would I have felt asking another man to help you? Don't you understand? You are in here. I don't know who is in your heart. But you are in here. I don't know who you are thinking about but I only think of you. You should know that because I plan of staying this way. There's one more thing. I really like you and I hope you like me."

==============================================
















SOO-HYUK TO TAE-YOUNG --
"There's a saying that there's no reason for love. It's a lie. How could someone love without a reason? I can tell you at least 100 reasons why I like you. Your voice, your fingers. Your scent, your shadow. I even like your amnesia. I like everything about you. That's my reason."

============================================

TAE-YOUNG ON KI-JOO --
"Yes. He's man who has everything but also nothing. He would never have saved coins in a piggy bank. Never eaten rice cakes nor hotdogs off the streets. Probably, never cried out loud in from of someone. Done many things but has no great memories. Never thought about any other life besides being the president of GD. He may not even know what his shadow looks like because he never walks looking down."

======================================

TAE-YOUNG TO SOO-HYUK --
"I'm sorry for making you lose your smile. You weren't like this before. You were always smiling but you're not anymore. I think I made you this way. I'm sorry."

======================================

TAE-YOUNG'S THEORY --
"Do you know hope torture? The best thing one can do for someone who loves her of course loves him. Loving each other. But if she doesn't love him, she shouldn't leave any hope for him. Because even the smallest hope can be tremendous torture to him. That's shy it's called hope torture."

=======================================














SOO-HYUK to han Ki Joo
"I like Tae-young. Much more than you think. I gave up so many things for you all my life. But I don't want to give up Tae-young. I want you to let her go. You have everything- my mother and you company. You never have to ask for anything. You don't know what pain is and what waiting is. You don't know any of that. But I do. You can never be a good man. Your life is too busy. Tae-young will feel lonely. But I only got Tae-young in my life. Please uncle, I love her.

KI-JOO: I'm sorry Soo-hyuk. Like you said, I have a lot. But only outside. If I had to choose just one thing, I'd choose Tae-young. I'd have Tae-young.

SOO-HYUK: Over me?
KI-JOO: Over you.
=======================================














TAE-YOUNG: What is the happiest moment in your life?
KI-JOO: Right now. The times I had with you are the happiest moments of my life.

====================================

TAE-YOUNG'S LETTER --
You lost me, didn't you? You won't be able to find me. You're alone now because I'm leaving you. Let's break up. It's too hard for me. The chairman, your sister and Yoon-ah, all make it hard. We have hurt Soo-hyuk too much. I have hurt so many people for my own happiness. I was really a fool. I thought that love was something that would feed me, take me to sleep and make me happy. But now I know that there is something that even love can't fix. I don't want to be miserable anymore. I can't leave like that. I am leaving to make myself comfortable. Forgive me. You will be fine soon.

=====================================
KI-JOO AFTER THE BREAK UP
My heart is sick, sister. I didn't know that breaking up with a love would be so difficult. It is very hard for me. Tae-young want to break up. Maybe I'm being punished. I'm receiving the pain that I have caused to others once. I don't know what I am supposed to do. I was really firm with my work no matter how hard it was. I was sure that I could do everything well. But I don't know how to cope with this. This is too difficult. I am hurt so much.

==================================















TAE-YOUNG'S LETTER
To Mr. Han who does not have many memories. I recommend this camera to you. I hope you make great memories from now on. And I hope that I am always smiling in your memories. You'll of course be smiling in my memories. I was so excited when I had first left for Paris. But now I am scared because I don't know if I can live happily without you. Will Tae-young be okay without Ki-joo? Did you know that from some time on we were both crying? That's what love is. It begins smiling but ends crying. I have learned that the more love there is the more tears I shed. I don't regret it. You have given me a kind of love that I could have never dreamed of. I'm so happy to have loved someone like you. Now, let's take a picture. This is only one of this in the world and there is only one man in my life. I love you. I love you more than I can ever say.

======================================

KI-JOO'S THOUGHTS --
I have learned two things from Tae-young Kang. One is about how to love and the other is about how to part with someone you love. But I am not smart enough to remember both. I only remember the first one. If I get to see you again, I will only learn about how to love not anyone else but how to love Tae-young.

No comments: