Monday, October 27, 2008

The three biggest mistakes of my life-Chetan Bhagat




This book has to be the 2nd biggest mistake of the author's(Chetan Bhagat's) life after his first mistake, "One night at the call center"

ONATCallcenter was very very bad. It was cheesy and was like a HIndi potboiler film almost as if Chetan wanted someone to adapt the book into a movie. And believe it or faint production houses in India actually fought for the rights of that bad book.

This one has the same third person narrative of the protagonist as his first book. Only this one touches upon -religion and cricket -the opium of the Indian masses. The language is in Chetan's trademark kind of writing for the general public-simple and street-style.

The three biggest mistakes of my life is no better-let me correct that is just marginally better. I have no idea why but I am quite confident that inspite of this book being as bad as it is, it will still become a best seller in India.

I want my money back and I am not waiting for Chetan's third mistake now :)

1 comment:

Lubna said...

Hi
Guess I did learn from my mistake - Didn't really like: One night at the call centre and hence did not pick up this "second mistake". But, I guess opinions vary. Both books seem to be very popular, perhaps they were not meant for us.
Cheers
Lubna